Wednesday, September 07, 2005

confused...

I visited the doctor today. I walked away feeling just as downcast and confused as before.

We first concluded that it was probably an allergy reaction.

Then I told her about the headaches and the fevers. And then she decided that it was a viral rash. Her advice? "come back if its not gone in a week."

Great. Thanks. And what am I supposed to do with my headaches? May i add that i cant friggin study. "Just take some panadol."

"Isn't taking prolonged doses of panadol bad for you?"

"As long as you take no more than 8 a day."

Im no doctor but last I heard taking panadol isnt exactly the best thing.

And she didn't give anymore advice. No "stay home and rest, here's a cert." or "Since its viral you should stay away from people." Like... so is it contagious or not? Would resting make it go away? No tips on whether I should shower with sorbolene or soap?

Man...im fully dissapointed. =.=

What a waste of my time. I should either recover or die. Hovering in between is a waste of resources and energy.

Edit: I looked up "viral rash" and found this. I think I'm in the non-specific category. It seems to fit. The dramatic rash upon waking up, the slight cough and fever, the tiredness (im sleeping something like 14 hours a day now and have been for the past 4-5 days). I guess the doctor wasn't so useless after all :P All I want is closure. I hope this resolves soon. Sigh.

2 comments:

BEVN said...

Panadols don't solve the problem. It's only for temp pain relief and yes it screws up the liver.

Anyway, the doctor was right =P Though he/she could have explained things a bit better!

swurple said...

yea. being the scientist that i am, i probably get so used to having everything explained to the smallest detail. i expect too much out of my doctors. :P

well im screwing up my liver now. cest la vie right? xP