Friday, September 17, 2004

More books!

I was strolling down Newtown the other day, my heart set on getting me some knitting needle and cotton yarn. As you know, Newtown is a very interesting place to stroll down because it has so many 2nd hand stores.....clothes and books and paraphernelia. I stopped by this book store, not really wanting to buy anything but just for the sake of seeing whats on the shelf. I should know by now that if ever at all I look at things just for the sake of looking for them, it actually means I have a small degree of interest and if anything should catch my eye, that degree of interest very much enlargens to encompass the entire circumference.

So anyways, I got more books. :P Two books actually. One of them, I just could not let go. It was another Gerald Durrel book...."A Zoo In My Luggage" which adds to my collection of 3 books. Yay. :) The 2nd book I wasnt so sure on buying but since I got the Gerald Durrel, I thought, neh. Just go for it. Its "The STory Of Dr DoLittle" by Hugh Lofting. Every child knows of his name....it is a name that has been adored for almost a century. Only this one doesnt involve Eddi Murphy. No! Its a genuine Penguin Classics book, printed in 1967 (i think...not really sure how to reference dates). So anyways, Im really happy although they were abit pricey.

I got my knitting material and am attempting to get a scarf off the ground. So far Ive done like....3 rows. Hahaha. And something is wrong with it but I cant be bothered to unravel it and start all over again. I'll just leave it and see how horrible it goes. Im giving myself until Winter next year to finish this monstrousity. And if its nice enough, I was planning on giving it to tet :p hehe.

Okay got to get some worky done. Ive decided to stay home today to work but it looks like Im getting distracted after all. SIgh. :p

3 comments:

Amita Chong said...

now why in the world would you want to knit?
its activity that should be done 50years from now when your knees are too weak

swurple said...

when my knees are too weak to go to the local store and ask them to teach me how to knit? ;p

swurple said...

when my knees are too weak to go to the local store and ask them to teach me how to knit? ;p