Thursday, September 02, 2004

Growing Up...

Yknow....I always thought that I was somewhat wise because I had gone through quite abit in my life... but after a conversation I had with Tet... I think what he saw is what I really am. Still very much a kid. I thought that I was a pretty laid back person. But Im really a very high strung person. He says I take everything too seriously. Just like a kid. Y'know those serious type kids....like a dead flower makes them feel sad.

Theres such a fine balance in life....I always feel that if I ever grew up, if I ever became an adult, I would lose all my creativity, all my awe for the world and all of God's creations. I felt like I would forget what it felt like to be a child and forget how they thought and never be able to understand them ever again. I guess its inevitable that we all grow up though cos all of a sudden I feel like someone who has been driving with her handbrake up. Not quite a kid, but not quite an adult. Nowhere near either, and yet not even in between! Kinda like....between stages....transition.... Does any of this make sense????

Suddenly I feel like as if Ive lost my way, like Ive lost years of my life striving for something that doesnt exist. I need polarity in my life.

I need to be less of an idealist. I want to know more. I feel like Truman.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know how people say that the person who is wise is the one who knows he's not? I find myself being knee-jerked back to that constantly. I guess in the end, we don't need to worry about losing our inner child, I think it'd always be there. I think maybe balance comes when we don't have those pressures to sway either way. I think maybe balance comes in Christ =) hehe

Roy said...

The question is

What did Truman feel?; or

What did Truman feel like?

(I don't know which is the correct question)

swurple said...

i think he felt like all he ever knew and believed to be true was a lie...

i think? o.0