Sunday, September 05, 2004

All hail the Hail!

Today was so cool. There I am at home applying nail polish remover from my fingers and then I get an sms from Tet saying its hailing!! I've never seen hail before so I grab my raincoat off the rack and run to the lifts where a lift was conveniently waiting for me. I zoom up to the rooftop and peer skeptically out on the puddles. As I am making my way nearer to the edge of the flooded covered area, I hear a humdrum building up and before I know it, small pinky nail sized balls of ice smash into the ground. I squeal in delight, put my hood on and splash through the remaining puddles to experience the sharp sting of tiny ice-balls hitting you. Its aiming is good. It got me in the eye. :P

So yea I just kinda picked at the balls, stomped on them, delighting in knowing that I am experiencing one of the few things in life which I have yet to experience. The rain clouds moved quickly north and behind me the sun was already shining. As I looked at the beautiful view of the glittering city, I also marvelled at the rainbow that was before me. A broad sweep of colour, just reminding me just how much God meant the hail for me. Just to make me happy. :) Most people dont like hail.

I cant wait for the golf-ball sized ones to show up! :D

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Unlike you, I don't particularly like hail. Please see post: http://www.angelfire.com/ab/aileen/blogness/index.blog?entry_id=258134
that might tell you why.

AND I can't believe you'd actually run out to get HIT! I stongly recommend you NOT to run out when it turns golf-ball sized even if it's the last time you'll see it.

-Alien

Anonymous said...

I don't know that I'd go and stand outside while it actually is hailing, but I thought the hail was the most profound thing I'd ever seen with my own two eyes! Me and Des had a "snow fight" before we got in to church!! hehe. It was such a phenomenom. Rain, hail AND shine!! and a rainbow!!

ps. did you know that hail is one ofthe judgements of the last days!? just a thought! =P
pps. this is sally-ann, and the post two blogs back abt handbrakes? that was me too =)

swurple said...

lol. i think people who have no cars like hail and those who do dont. Ive never seen snow, hail, tornadoes, hurricanes, tsunamis, earthquakes, major floods.... ive never seen any of these things which plague certain countries. Ive never seen crop circles, the grand canyon, auroras, jupiter's rings, a perfect eclipse. So many things Ive never seen. So ignorant I am. And this is why I would run out into the hail even if it WAS golf ball sized. Because I will one day lie on my death bed and regret all the wonders of God that I never got to experience.

But speaking of running out, you're right though. It might even be my last one!!! lol. After all. Golf balls are not substitutes for eye balls. xp