Saturday, July 17, 2004

Ooer??

Wow...whats all this?? Blog has yet again upgraded itself? Or have I been consuming too much msg???? My my.... one can even upload pictures now. is that so!???  SODESKA????   :D
 
Well anyways. Thought I'd jot an update of the pandemic that has bestruck us. I mentioned that 2 of the 4 people who went up to Blue Mountains fell sick....that would be Tet and my cousin Karen. Now the other two (uncle and myself) have fallen sick as well. hahahaha. But uncle is far worse than me and i dont expect my illness to be of gargantuan proportions.
 
I just finished a book on shinto-ism and its relationship to a successful business. It was weird. I suppose I understand abit more of Japanese economical culture but I doubt anyone actually does any of this anymore?? Maybe the annual ceremonies but get this, he suggests saying this god's name 36 times to achieve some sort of success thingy. Whatta weirdo. Who came up with 36 times anyhows!?
 
I went to the Taxation Office yesterday and couldnt help entering Book Stars, one of those discount bookstores. I walked away with $21 worth of books (about 5 books). Four of them were english translated japanese books. Three of those four had japanese poetry in it. Time to learn about their literature.
 
 Theres still so much to learn. I reckon I could be studying this for the rest of my life and still not learn everything about them. Their language is my limiting factor. Apparently japanese intelligence has increased by 12% since.... hmm.... i cant remember. But yeah. 12%. Is that not heaps? Is this because literacy is a fairly new thing? Is it fairly new? It really doesnt help that their time measures are plotted by names of emperors. As some may know, history and names of dead guys related to numbers are really not my forte.
 
Onward. Must read more. Must be more insane.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Speaking of upgrades ...
I think it would be great if your blog had an RSS feed. ( http://help.blogger.com/bin/answer.py?answer=290&query=rss&topic=&type=f )

:D

-- bradkitty

swurple said...

RSS feed. okay. hmm.... i dont know what that is but ill look it up. Thanx for the link. Since Im so free today anyways. :P