Saturday, July 03, 2004

Monday Tuesday Bludgy Days....

Hello!!

Swurpleness reporting in from first day of holidays. First day of complete FREEDOM since term started. And good grief what a turmoil of events this semester has been, not to mention the grief and experiences. This semester was certainly eventful and memorable. Yup.

Today I did a million things and I dont plan to stop anytime soon!! Hahahaha. Nah .. not really. Im looking forward to a couple of ultra lazy, dont-lift-a-finger days. Ive already got a book for that day. Gerald Durrel's "The Drunken Forest". I tell you this book is abit of a treasure pile!! First of all, Gerald Durrel. I picked up one of his books at a dusty 2nd-hand bookstore back in Malaysia. I must have been 15 or so. He is an absolutely BRILLIANT writer. Number one, he's a naturalist. So heaps of stories about animals and stuff which I absolutely adore. Number two, he is sooo hilarious!!! Just the way he portrays things...its fabulous. Yeah. But I havent been able to find anymore of his books since! Despite searching and searching, I could only find the title of the one I already had, "My Family and Other Animals". So finding this is SO amazing!!!! Man. What a find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The lady at the op-shop (where I bought the book for 50 cents) told me that this book is abit of a collectors item because it has the penguin picture on it (the newer penguin books dont have them) and the monetary pricing of the book was the old english way, i.e. before the time of decimal points. And the price tag is still on! So she was like...."keep this book really well! It'll be a collectors item soon". Certainly, I am now most obliged to keep it in Glad Wrap, in a seal-a-meal bag (after having read it, of course). I am most delighted.

Heeee.... ^^

No comments: