Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Observations from my very short day...

1) God gave fish very many tiny little bones x.x

2) Soy beans have protein!! o_o;

3) I was walking along pyrmont bridge today when i saw this lady sitting on a bench, bent doubled over. I walked away but soon came to realise that she had not moved very much since I saw her from the distance. I became concerned, a desire burned within me to do something. So I walked back to her and asked if she was alright. She didnt answer. Her eyes were closed.

She was dressed nicely, and has really nice boots. She didn't seem like a homeless person. She didnt seem like she was in pain. She was pretty expressionless. She just looked like she was in a coma or something. Not recieving an answer, I decided maybe it was best to leave her to do whatever it is she seems to be doing...

But see...here's the thing... when do you start to think that maybe theres something very wrong with her, maybe she needs help, fast. Maybe she needs you to shake her or call an ambulance or give her a glass of water. .. but... when is doing that an invasion of one's privacy?

I could replay the scenario without me walking away. Maybe instead I could've tapped her, asked again abit louder this time. Make my presence more obvious. Would she have realised that someone was concerned for her and tried to communicate her need for help? Or would her eyes have snapped open, only to glare angrily at me for disturbing her ritual/meditation/prayer/thing ?

Is this maybe why our society seems so cold and uncaring towards strangers?
not so much in AUstralia...i think more so in other countries.

What to do?

No comments: