Saturday, August 21, 2004

My pitiful (r)age...

What is all the hype of turning 20/21? It is a pitiful age to be in. An in betwen neither-here-nor-there age where you're still only the immature teenager but a couple of days older. But with the age comes expectations that unfortunately cannot be fulfilled.

"You're 20 and should know better.....act like an adult....no longer young...". Can I just say that this is UTTER BULLSHIT. What they think just because we turned a golden age that suddenly out from the cosmos God downloaded a program into our sinful beings - "How To Be An Adult Now That You Are One And Everyone Expects You To Know Every Friggin Nonsense They Know Even Though Theyre Friggin Twice Your Age".

When do we even start learning proper values that are attached to common sense? Prolly from the age of puberty ie 12 maybe 14 onwards. Which gives us 6 years to have a cramming session of how to act and what to say and how to think and all the bullshit generic nonsense that society expects of you. WHAT THE HELL. Who was the idiot that said 20 was the age where you become an adult? You dont bloody become an adult until you bloody turn one. Age and time are not constraints to how much one would have learnt in their life time.

So maybe Im arrogant to say things like this. But if arrogance is every mans excuse for being politically incorrect then I dont want to be a part of a society that thinks adulthood is nothing but being a suck up. I will have none of that nonsense in MY life. When I work and live in MY house and build MY family, I will have nothing so traumatising as hard thick lines full of unfair expectations.

Why should I conform to society's views of what and when an adult should be?

Isn't trying enough?

Why dont you just stab me and fling me off a rooftop into a floating mass of zombies. Will I be adult enough for you then? Bastards.

No comments: