Friday, June 13, 2003

Gollum..

I logged out and thought of going to bed,
But i couldnt help thinking the thoughts in my head,
I had to come back, my gollum-ess greed,
I sometimes wish I'd a life to lead.

I knew this would happen..... I didn't want to become overly excited about my new "toy". I wanted to give it time and not immediately flood it with random thoughts but here I sit and I wonder what it is that possesed me for I have not anything to say. I am in fact shamelessly racking my brains for something witty and/or informative to post and have as of yet only come up with the above corny limerick. Tis a gift of mine though. The corniness.

Yesterday, I watched the Simpsons episode where Homer gets a computer and has his own website. Its funny how some things are so easy in cartoons, and some things not. Homer, a day old amateur, managed to set up his own website, fit in numerous animations and even had a decent page format. Without using HTML or java script! And he didnt even need to browse for that web space...it magically appeared just so Mr.X could post poppy cock rumours about mind controlling flu shots. Ah, if only weblife were so easy.

And yet, some things are just sooo hard for them to achieve. Like Homer growing hair. And despite Lisa being the child prodigy that she is (dont get me wrong, that woman rocks!) she, nor anyone else, has seemed to move grades since well.... 6th Grade. 7th for Bart. And yea, despite Homer being the "King of the Mountaintop", he still has fears like most men.... he begs his wife to please his boss, the "excellent" Charles Montgomery Burns even though he knows he'll never get fired. Odd how the cartoon producers choose which the Simpsons struggle in, seemingly effortless things; and yet allow them freedom in things that frustrate us. Perhaps, this is their scheme for boosting ratings and yet to gloat at our stereotypical lives.

First they make the Simpsons lower than us so we can feel good, then to save their own pride, they gloat at our inferiority. Hm yes.... and so we see in this way that the forces of good and evil are in perfect balance. This is what keeps the universe ticking....the Simpsons. I only hope now that I wont be drugged and sent to.... the "Island". ;p

No comments: