Tuesday, July 19, 2005

My new camera..

Hmm... you know... I've been thinking to myself lately... you should listen to other people. Don't be so stubborn.
Great time to listen to myself . . .
I finally made it to a mall with my aunty yesterday with the intention of buying a Canon Ixus 40. My aunty was disapproving of the price. She had suggested an olympus a couple of days before which was cheaper, but my friends all thought that canon would be far better. Not that price had anything to do with it...
BUT at the shop, the shopkeeper tells us (mostly in chinese which I didnt understand) why the Pentax Optio S40 had the same features, was better at close-up shots, didn't give human skin a yellow tinge and was cheaper on top of that. Now I know that brand name is everything when it comes to price and so I didnt think too much of it. Sure, I was apprehensive when I made the choice to buy the Pentax but its cos I didn't know anything about cameras or techonology despite my age. I was pretty happy with it until I had more time to fiddle with it. And then read the reviews, and then a heavy sinking feeling in my heart told me I should have stuck with the Canon and that being stubborn about things is usually the best thing to do. Especially when you don't know anything. I really did wonder at the shop why these guys were being so nice. Why were they selling me a cheaper camera when I would've paid more for the Canon and rid them of a dying breed of camera?
Of course I know why now. Of course chinese businesses are all the same. Of course they can spot a sucker when they see one.
Of course I'd pick the wrongest of times to let my guard down and listen to a couple of strangers in a strange country with strange values. How dumb.
I dont know what to say. I guess since its already bought and mine, I'll have to make the most of it. I'm not sure what kind of lesson I should be learning from this mistake.
Learn more about things before you buy them? I surely cant read up on every single brand of product before buying them? Dont go with a technologically naive sucker to buy your product? Then who can I go with that has money and transport? Take your time when buying things? Even if it means that it will cost 50-100 dollars more?
Life was never meant to be simple was it . . .

2 comments:

Tet said...

yeah.......

I think it's good to spend time looking around and look at the reviews etc before buying these stuff.
Esp you're spending so much money on it, you don't wanna regret.

Anyways, done is done. Unless you can return it you gotta make the most out of it. Afterall, you got a camera and it's just a camera

We want to be pleasing God!!
Whenever

swurple said...

yah its actually quite good. hopefully it'll look even better on the computer. ooo how exciting. new toy ^^