Saturday, May 28, 2005

Dilution Factor

Does it seem to you like I was more poetic before I started becoming obsessed with science?

Does it seem to you like I used to articulate my words more, like I had a wider vocabulary range, like each word of praise was a song in my heart, like the things I said were never repeated, never cliche and never boring?

Or did I just think more of myself back then?

I miss being able to spout out words at light years persecond, each with a different persona, a different effect, a different atmosphere, a different condition. It brought you to places, it made you think, ponder, laugh, cry, wonder, realise, visualise it permeablised right through your very existence.

And now all we talk about is science.

Surely there is more? But where? Is it still there, diluted out by all the science I've been taught... or has it been outcompeted and vanished, never to be seen (evermore).

Surely I have more to offer?

No comments: