Wednesday, May 25, 2005

25 Million Dollar Hoax

I was watching this show tonight. I wasnt planning to but I somehow ended up watching the whole thing cos i wanted to know what was in it for the people participating. And I cried alot because it was so touching because the family was sooo supportive and selfless and they really respected and loved each other. The parents were good parents and their kids were good kids and I must say that this family...that family was my ideal of what a family should be. They pray before meals, their kids have respect and gratitude for their parents, are selfless and loving, and the parents are supportive. Like even when the daugther did all these horrible things they didnt criticise her all that much, or scold her or anything. They were patient, waiting to see what would happen. Cos i mean, she's a grown girl and all.

It all turned out well and I think I really hope Im able to raise my family to that degree. I hope my kids grow up with an appreciation for life, with an appreciation of family and God and to grow up to be selfless and caring and hard working citizens. Raising a family is probably one of the hardest things ever and if you can pull it off, I think it would give you great joy to know that your kids are going to treat other people well. That they value other people more than themselves. I think that is a sign of raising a good family. After all, the way you raise your kids will affect their future so you have to teach them to be wise, otherwise they're going to suffer hard for the rest of their lives, and their kids after too.

And you gotta be a good example. Its kinda like that John Mayer song...

No comments: