Saturday, May 28, 2005

10 seconds too much...

My krispy kreme doughnut had been sitting in my fridge for the past couple of days. My name was written on it. It was mine.

Today was the day I would christen my doughnut.

I came up with a brilliant scheme to stick it in the microwave for awhile, warm the doughnut up and increase its affinity factor. So I sai, 20 seconds should do it.

It came out lovely and warm and soft but then . . . slowly, deliberately, my icing oozed down onto the plate!!! NooOOooo.... I scooped up the icing with my finger and tried to plaster it back unto the doughnut to no avail.

Sadly I had to lick my plate of icing afterwards. Very elegant.

10 seconds should be a more appropriate time, I said. Next time my icing will stay intact.

1 comment:

B. said...

Awww! *chuckle*

(P.S. Nice new layout!)