Saturday, April 02, 2005

Credibility?

Yknow what I find really weird...

Say you're at uni right, and you're studying towards something and say you're in 3rd year and therefore are only 1 year away from working. So that means you should, by that stage, have about 2/3rds the knowledge and experience necessary to get you a job. Right?

BUT if you have a theory about why certain things are certain ways,nobody listens to you. Cos you're "only a student". BUT if say you had started working, a mere 12 months later...then they would believe you. Because you're "working in that area".

Isn't that weird? People have such prejudices..

For example.. last new years I got food poisoning. Probably from the scrambled eggs I had that morning. Of course I know the probable cause of my agony. Because it came out in my exam, for crying out loud...

Aunty: " What did you eat!? "

Me: "I think it was the scrambled eggs this morning".

Aunty: " Eh. How would you know that... ".

Me: (thinking... should I launch into the full-fledged explanation about Staph? Hmmm... ) Cos I didnt have anything else that would have caused anything.

Aunty: " What about the fruits? "

Me: " ... . . . . nick (my cousin) also had fruits. He seems fine" .

Aunty: (looks at me irratatedly at my confidence. Probably thinking, kids think they know everything. )

No comments: