Wednesday, October 06, 2004

*cricket...cricket...*

Yknow how in some cartoons, they make cricket sounds just to emphasise the silence....like if some guy tells a joke and there isnt a response etc. Hahaha...

Anyways, I was walking home tday and I heard these crickets chirping. I felt happy.... and warm inside. In Malaysia where it is always hot, the serenade of the cricket orchestra is ever constant, and welcomed background music to the everyday (or night) events. In Australia, however, the unfortunate phenomenon known as "the four seasons" (seasonings?) prevents the crickets from being too active. Its something that you dont notice even when missing.

I dunno. I guess I kinda felt more at home when I heard the crickets... reminded me of all the silly things I used to do as a kid ... or early teenager. The night was my only refuge then. When all things had rested....including my turmoiled soul.

Its nice to have them back.... welcome back crickets. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hehehehhehe. Crickets and cicadas in summer can get really loud. Not so much an orchestra but more like the flute section tuning their instruments.
-Alien
P.S. I feel like I'm hearing crickets when I think there's no one reading my blog. :P