Saturday, January 10, 2004

Family, Friends and Familiarity...

Greetings from the equator.

I've thus been in Malaysia for about a week now. Its really exciting to see things that you know, that bring back memories. To see how things have changed since you've left, and how some people just never change. Lol.

Yea.... since Ive been away for so long, there really is much less tension between me and my family members here. This provides me with abundant opportunities to show my love to them in various ways, including speech. One commonly forgets how important it is to let their family members know how much one cares for them when one is constantly in feud. In fact, its prolly really weird as well just because one lives amongst them day in day out.

Friends...theres one group of people I had missed tremendously during my studies. I've only been out twice since I arrived but it really makes me sooooooooo so so so so so (to the power of a kajillion) happy to go out with them and have good, cheap food... ah. The simple pleasures of life. Today will be great. Im going to meet the bulk of them at church and theres dinner after that. Im really so excited. Cant wait to eat thosai. hahahaha. Its always about the food isnt it. Im prolly gonna gain more weight here than overseas. How terrible! :P lol.

Yes yes. Its funny how you can just slip out of your old life and, a year later, just slip right back in like as if nothing had changed. There are some differences of course, but the sea of familiarity washes over everything....even the changes. Makes everything comfortable.

Luvly.

No comments: