Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Princess Mononoke...

I learnt how to play the theme song for Miyazaki's Princess Mononoke. I tell you... its such a beautiful song. We practised it for the first time in a band last night, and there was piano, violin, viola, cello, drums, accoustic and electric guitar. It sounded sooo nice. And we practised in this old church, so the accoustics was amazing.

Last night I kept playing it till the wee hours of the morning and I reached a stage where the line between conciousness and unconciousness blurred.... and while playing it I imagined blue butterflies dancing amidst waterfall mist and a sun-speckled forest floor. It was a beautiful state to be in. I didn't want to go, and I stubbornly kept going on till I got it wrong too many times to be happy. So I went to bed.

But I tell you, that is a most beautiful song, and that is a most wonderful state to be in. The land of eternal peace, the land where fairies exist. I want to go back there tonight.

No comments: