Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Overwhelmed...

Well this is it. End of the year, end of exams, end of so many things....and the beginning for so many other things. Theres a whole rampage of emotions churning in my fragile soul, begging to be released. But it cannot. It must not. We must be part of society. We cannot do the things that make people uncomfortable. And this is what makes my soul so fragile, so precious.

My emotions, they play in my heart like an ochestra, multiple lilts multiple tones. Marbled light flit through the crystal chamber and are reflected in my eyes, my speech, my thoughts. The world seeks to numb you. They tell you to be happy and that happiness is the ultimate goal. Pitiful beings. It is in pain, in sorrow that makes things beautiful. It is in suffering that allows you to truly feel, in torture when one truly understands. I am not morbid, nor am I suicidal. I am merely stating the facts of life.

Happiness is a wonderful thng. I thrive on happiness. In fact, I can honestly say that Im happy 78.3% of the time. But there come times when I forget what it is to be human and this is when I appreciate the sting of hidden hurts. It makes me swell with emotion and this is what makes life worth living. . . . emotions.

And guess what?

I'm overwhelmed.

No comments: