Saturday, March 24, 2007

I love to cook

I was a little frustrated, a little bored and had little cash on me today. So I decided to use the most abundant resource in my house: flour. I don't usually have flour in my house but this was leftover from the shortbread cookies I made for christmas. After a little research on the net, I decided to make pizzas. And so this is the result: baked fresh from scratch. I even made the base myself. At first I didn't think it would turn out because it was so sticky and stringy (not like in the pictures)! But after rising for 1.25 hours and 5 minutes in the oven, it was ready for topping!

Since I was low on cash, my main ingredient was garlic. Mmmm...antibacterial goodness. Home made pizza + Matilda and Charlie's Angels on tv made for a lovely dark and stormy night in.

Two weeks ago, Whaij was on holiday so he came over and made this fantastic dessert. It had 3 layers of puff pastry. The top sandwich had a banana pancake type thing, whereas caramelised pears were positioned between the bottom 2 layers of puff pastry. The fillings were drizzled in raspberry coulis, and the whole dish was dusted with icing sugar. Really professional looking, and very nice. Its a more mature dessert because it wasn't garishly sweet. A little bit more coulis would have been welcomed.

I really enjoy cooking. ♥

2 comments:

ayske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swurple said...

hahah what are you going on about mang! HK food is heaps nice and not too expensive :P