Sunday, August 10, 2003

Choir

At an ordination service today, I heard the choir sing. It was marvellous. Just standing there and hearing them lift their voices to honour and glorify God was just absolutely breath-taking. And back in Malaysia, my church consists of a shop-lot. Nothing grandeur but its the contents that count right? :) Yea and at church today, standing amongst God's people in an old sandstone church with sunlight filtering through the stained-glass windows, listening to the choir.... again I was reminded of God's glory. Again I was reminded of His beauty, His holiness, His magnificence. And I thought as I have thought many times before...this is what Heaven is going to be like. Just us, His people focusing all our energy on God, resonating His glory. Being so utterly overwhelmed by His majesty that one could only hope that He created us with a heart that is big enough to bear the wonder of being in His presence.

In so many ways You've loved me
Just as I am not as I should be
And as Your child You take a hold of me
I see just why Ive fallen in love with You...

The purest love that I have ever known
Whats that You chose to give and die
And the blood that poured from Your open hands
All so I could fall in love with You...

Ive got to worship You my Lord
I cant contain the way I feel
Im desperate for You Lord
For its You, that I adore....

song from Fusion, Brisbane

No comments: