Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Joshua

Take heart
Be strong and courageous
Though it seems like ages
God has a plan

He's shown
Himself to be faithful
Infinitely able
His justice will stand

And know
His grace is sufficient
His love is abundant
For all who believe

This world
Though it is passing
God is everlasting
And His plans will concieve

[God said], "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9

[Joshua said], "Now I am about to go the way of all the earth. You know with all your heart and soul that not one of all the good promises the LORD your God gave you has failed. Every promise has been fulfilled; not one has failed.
Joshua 23:14

Joshua is a great book to read. There are only 24 chapters, so the two exerpts above I guess sort of summarise what I got out of the book during my first ACES Weekend Away in 1st Year; that God is faithful and will fulfill His promises and so we should be strong and courageous to do what He has commanded us to do. It has provided alot of comfort to me. You should give it a go. :)

No comments: