Saturday, April 15, 2006

Zanpaktou

Oh I see . . .

It was never intellectual debates between truly patriotic and open minded people about the corruption of power. It was a bunch of superficial hackers who wanted to stir up abit of political hatred and enjoy watching educated fools with too much time on their hands make airy comments on the stupor of those who don't see as they see or think as they think. What with their empty vows to make a difference and their futile struggles to enlighten silent victims.

It may seem all very fashionable to be Vendettaesque in this period of time. Especially if you're a tertiary aged student studying in a developed and supposedly just country but really from the ramshackles of a third world ghetto built by the hands of corruption.

Enough! I will read, and I will listen. But I will not tolerate political nonsense in my blog. I couldnt care less what happened to my country because we all know its going to get worse anyway, despite your optimistic plans for a better future. Am I ignorant? Am I indifferent? Selfish and uncaring to the plight of those who cannot run away?

Maybe.

Maybe you want me to say that I will partake in the uprising my peers have generated. Maybe then you'll be satisfied, that your heroic gestures have been admired by a lesser being. Maybe these conspiracies generated by paranoid governments have sucked you into their greedy little plans for further destruction of the human spirit.

I am a scientist.

I care about AIDs, malaria and tuberculosis. I care about producing heat-stable vaccinations and cheaper medical treatment. I care about global warming, endangered species, unfair distribution of resources, chronic diseases, a severe lack of education, cancer treatment, renewable energy, biological warfare, genetically modified foods, epidemics and abortions.

Let the politicians fight their cause, and let the scientists fight theirs.

And leave me out of your self-glorified excuse for war and racism.

1 comment:

Amita Chong said...

sherine!!! hahahahahahahaha