Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Stuck in Lab

Forgot to add Ethidium bromide to the gel again today, so I'm stuck in lab waiting for the silly gel to destain. Sigh. I'm beginning to wonder if it would've been easier just making a new gel. I think I will learn from this ordeal and make a new gel next time.

Been reading "Flowers for Algernon". About a boy with IQ of 70 who undergoes surgery and gets IQ of 185 or something. Its quite a sad book...kind of deep as well. Its weird. Just out of coincidence I've been exposed to all kinds of "deep and meaningful" things. Like Tet and I watched V for Vendetta yesterday. That was pretty deep too. I particularly liked the line, "Artist tell lies to tell the truth. Politicians tell lies to hide the truth."

In FlowersFor Algernon, I particularly liked the line, "..." darn. I can't remember. I'll look for it.

De-stain in 2 minutes. Will look for the line in FFA.

2 comments:

B. said...

Ahh, yeah. I have fond and sad memories of "Flowers for Algernon".

Unknown said...

I was suprised people still read this book. I saw the play performed well. Food for thought, food for thought.