Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Peanut Butter & Celery


One day I was talking to some of my Furc friends and the food object "Peanut Butter & Celery" came up. Often recieved as a lunchbox snack, it has become abit of a common snack item for them. Most of these Furc friends are american, but I believe there were aussies who agreed that PB & C were common and tasty. Of course, being the foodie that I am, I just had to try it out!

I got myself some celery (which fortunately was cheap), slathered on some PB and had a go. Hm. I'd have to say its really not that great. The flavours from the celery and the PB did not mix. It was like you chewed and you had pockets of celery taste, then PB taste, repeat cycle... the flavours did not blend at all. And I think the food items did not even physically blend despite extensive mastication either. o.O

My theory for this is that celery is mostly water, and PB is mostly fat/oil. Thus the polar properties of the celery and the non-polar properties of the PB rejected each other, forming sort of macroscale emulsion in my mouth. Very disturbing. I would eat the celery on its own. And the PB on its own. But PB & C . . . i think ill leave that alone. Might have to be abit of a nostalgic thing for them. *shrug*

Rate: 4/10

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PB&C sounds like only two-thirds of a snack I know as "ants on a log" - but without raisins, you've only got "antless logs", which doesn't sound as fun or appetizing to me.

swurple said...

oh wow that looks so much better!! i love how its so colourful.. hehehe. nice to hear from you B :)

ayske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swurple said...

HAHAHAHA ah mang :P wait till you try the croc pizzas at Indy Day!

ayske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.