Saturday, April 28, 2007

What I've run away from

Alot of people ask me why I want to move to Australia. There are many reasons. When I was in Malaysia, I couldnt understand why my uncle preferred Australia over Malaysia. I always thought he was just being dramatic and grumpy.

Now I understand.

But then here in Australia, when I tell people about Malaysia, they think I'm being a drama queen and just grumpy. They don't understand. They really don't understand what its like to come from such a crappy country. Its so incredibly frustrating! Its really true that sometimes, just knowing isnt enough. You have to experience it.




Watching this clip, I don't know whether what I feel is a righteous anger or an arrogant defiance. I can't believe that experts in Malaysia cannot even hold themselves well during an international interview. How can they pass off tyranny as "their way of life". No tyranny = No Malaysia? What BS.

5 comments:

ayske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
swurple said...

hhahaha and dont encourage them right? XD

ayske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

uh oh... whats this 'lawrence way' thing,, don't encourage him Shereen.

ah yeah, it was interesting though, that lawyer guy in the interview. He so useless, I think he was having a hard time pulling a straight face while he gave that answer.

ayske said...
This comment has been removed by the author.