Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Competent for the incompetent

Oh gaze of Love so melt my pride
that I may in Your house but kneel
and in my brokeness to cry
spring worship unto Thee
Jars Of Clay :: Hymn


I sometimes get so sick of being incompetent. Of being mediocre and nominal and lukewarm. I spend all my energy on something that isn't even worth anything, I look upon envy at people who give up so much for what is right, my insides wring with guilt at the extinct moments full of empty promises, my body and mind is wretched from the heartache I bestow upon myself.

My struggles are futile. And why? They are empty, selfish.

Dont you dare tell me that Im beating myself over something stupid, something purely philosophical, something mere man had made up for world domination or personal satisfaction. I know better, and you should know better.

I am not catholic enough to think that my short comings are dragging me to hell. Im not anglican enough to think that I need to win God's favour. But I do love Him enough to hate how I ignore Him day after day. After all that He has done, after all that He has shown. My bones are filled with groaning, my heart is heavy. It is time to take drastic measures.

Sweet Jesus carry me away
from cold of night and dust of day
in ragged hour or salt worn eye
be my desire my wellspring lie
Jars Of Clay :: Hymn

No comments: